6/27/2019

Mailbox themed kindness card ~ Letters For Henry

There is a beautiful story of a postal worker named Henry.  So to spread kindness honoring him, I am sharing a postage themed mailbox card.
It was suggested that when you send someone you love a card, share it with the hashtag #lettersforhenry online so that the family can see posts in his memory.



Sentiment:  Kindness changes everything.

For this card, I decided to create my own background with repeat stamping of one of the postage stamps.  Then, I added the mailbox and the sentiment.  Copic markers were used for color.  I love the nostalgic look of the mailbox.

I made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq



Here is another look.



For more about Henry's story by another crafter, see the very end of the post HERE dated 2-10-18.
It was the story of Henry Groeneveld, a mail carrier for the US Postal service, who vanished before Christmas last year. Sadly, last month they found his body. He seemed like such a kind, sweet man - and his daughter said since he was 8 years old, he wanted to be a mailman and that he loved his job. As a kid, he'd make his parents stop at every post office in every town they traveled through. He was someone who had found his calling, and that's so rare and such a treasure. And the fact that his calling is something I love dearly just connected me to the story in a very personal way. I had really hoped for a different ending.
There's a discussion group for the podcast, and his story more than all the others really touched people and generated a lot of conversation. His daughter is in the group and she asked me if I'd share a request with you. Since Henry's passion lines up so much with mine - I couldn't help but ask you if you could do something kind for his family the next time you go to send a card to someone. She would love to see the photos on the hashtag below - Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.

It would honor my dad if you mailed a letter to somebody
 you love. It would be beautiful to see a picture of your 
letters posted with the hashtag #lettersforhenry


Unity is donating a portion of proceeds to charity.

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Letters For HenryMy Creative Time dies, distress oxide ink in fossilized amber, makeup brush, Copic markers Y13, R27, BG10, BG0000, BG53, B05, B14; foam tape.


Join us at the Instagram hop through the weekend. @neatnook on Instagram.


Thanks for visiting.  Have a lovely day.
Gaylynn
#lettersforhenry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn