2/13/2019

Poppy flowers watercolor card with distress markers.

For today's Watercolor Wednesday, I have poppy flowers with distress marker watercolor.


Sentiment:  You're a whole lot of lovely.  Yes, you.

For this card, I created a background by heat embossing the flowers in white.  Then, I made another panel for the flowers with distress marker watercolor.

The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq


Poppy Flowers Watercolor Card with Distress Markers
By Gaylynn Martling for Unity’s Watercolor Wednesday
(See also the video tutorial for this project.)
Begin by stamping a background with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossing the flower stamping.
Then on watercolor paper, stamp the flowers again using waterproof ink like Ranger Archival ink.
For watercolor, I used distress markers for outlines.  Then I used a water brush to blend out the color on the flowers.
I prefer to pick up drops of water for the water brush rather than squeeze the tube.  It gives me more control.
Repeat the outlines and blending for each petal and flower.  Heat set.
Assemble the card layers and add embellishments to finish.
Here is another look.


Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Border of Poppies and Whole Lot Of Lovely; Ranger watercolor paper, archival ink and distress markers; water brush, gray and white cardstock, My Favorite Things Blueprints 23 dies, MSC white embossing powder, VersaMark watermark ink, foam tape, adhesive gems, heat tool.

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Thanks for visiting.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn