10/24/2018

Refreshing distress marker color ~ Watercolor Wednesday

For Watercolor Wednesday on the Unity blog, I am sharing a way to extend the life of distress markers for use with watercolor.


Sentiment:  It is the smallest things that take up the most room in your heart.

For this card, I stamped onto watercolor paper and then die-cut the panel.  My distress markers were not as juicy as they once were and no longer blend easily.  So, I applied color to the craft mat along with water to create water colors.  This is one way to extend the life of watercolor markers.

The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq


Here is another look:


Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Room In My Heart by Phyllis Harris; Ranger archival ink, watercolor paper and distress markers; MFT dies, .

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Enjoy your day.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn