10/19/2018

The most wonderful time of the year gold foil card.

It is almost that time of the year for sparkle and shine.
Today, I am sharing a holiday or New Year's card in gold foil with stamping.


Sentiment:  It's the most wonderful time of the year.

This was made using one of the brand new background stamps designed by Christopher Alan the owner of Brutus Monroe.  His awesome stamp designs were made into red rubber stamps manufactured by Unity Stamp Co.  And so, us design team members along with fabulous customers get to create lovely things using  those new deeply etched red rubber stamps.  How cool is that?

This card was made from stamped gold foil and then shaped with lots of die-cuts.  There are many ways to add sparkle and shine by foiling.  For my sample, I used adhesive-backed foil sheets by Silhouette.  I tried stamping directly onto the foil using StazOn ink, and it worked out perfectly.  I find that I like the thickness that the adhesive backing provides, so I kept that layer on the big panel and just added foam tape behind the backing layer.  The sentiment panel was adhered by peeling the backing off and then adding a frame paper layer.  There are so many possibilities.  

Here is a quick video tutorial for this gold foil trees card.


Here is another look.


I can see this background used in many different ways.

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Freshly Cut by Brutus Monroe and Most Wonderful Time by Joslyn Nielson and Angie Blom;  Silhouette gold foil adhesive-backed sheets, My Creative Time dies, foam tape and StazOn ink.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn