9/22/2021

My Favorite Things 2021 Card Design Superstar Challenge ~ Coloring Virtuoso

 Hello.  Gaylynn here.  Today's card was made exclusively for the My Favorite Things 2021 Card Design Superstar Challenge in the category of Coloring Virtuoso.  For the coloring, I chose to use watercolor paints, one of my favorite techniques.


Sentiment:
Your friendship is the cherry on top.

For this card, I first prepared the background using watercolor paper.  Using a few different colors and types of watercolor, I added color, one section at a time.  I allowed the colors to blend together.  For the pink shade, I used ink from an MFT cube, picked up the color from a mat, added water and then began to watercolor parts of the background.  Also, I added gold shimmer watercolor to fill in the blank areas.  
For the mice and elements, I heat embossed the stamping onto watercolor paper.  I used the same shades as the background plus a few more shades from my stash.  Once everything was dry, I die-cut the background, the mice and all of the elements.  Finally, I assembled the card pieces along with the sentiment, to finish.

Here is another look.


Supplies:
My Favorite Things Mice Day To Celebrate stamps, Mice Day To Celebrate die-namics, Watercolor Wash Free Form die-namicsPoppin' Pink Premium Dye Ink CubeExtreme Black hybrid ink pad.
Also, Original Misti, foam double-sided tape, Wow embossing pad, black embossing powder, heat tool, paint brushes, Ranger watercolor paper, Gansai Tambi starry colors gold watercolor, Altenew watercolor half pans, Liquitex acrylic paint and score tape.

This project was created exclusively for the
Thank you so much.  Enjoy your day.

Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn