6/26/2019

Watercolor stars birthday card + ombre stamping

For Watercolor Wednesday, I made a fun birthday card with watercolor stars as well as ombre stamping.



Sentiment:  Happy birthday.

This was fun to do.  I first stamped the happy birthday sentiment in two colors.  I added darker ink over part of the light stamping to get a blended ink look.  Then, I made a panel with only watercolor.  Stars were die-cut from the watercolor panel.  Punches can also be used in different shapes to get a similar look.  Everything was layered to finish.

The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq




Here are more photos of this project.



Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Say It BigRanger watercolor paper and archival ink; adhesive gems, My Creative Time dies, Mini Misti, Altenew watercolor half pans, watercolor brush, heat tool and foam tape.

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Thanks for visiting.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn