1/30/2019

Watercolor Card Using Ink Spray Bottles + Gold Embossing

For today's Watercolor Wednesday, I am sharing a floral watercolor card using ink spray bottles along with gold heat embossing.


Sentiment:  Congratulations on your new home.

This is a housewarming card in florals and watercolor.  I decided to use ink from premixed spray bottles for color.  Instead of actually spraying the ink, I used drops of the ink as a color palette.

Ink Spray Watercolor Card with Gold Heat Embossing
To begin, add powder to the image panel prior to embossing, to prevent stray embossing powder.
Stamp onto watercolor paper with watermark ink like VersaMark.  Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
For watercolor, I used two colors of Dylusions ink spray bottles.  Instead of spraying, I poured drops of each color onto a craft mat.
I misted water over the stamped panel.  Then, I added color one at a time using a brush, allowing the colors to blend where they meet.
Blot with a paper towel and then heat set.
An option is to stamp the envelope with ink using the same stamp.
Finally, assemble the card and embellishments.
Here are more images.


For the envelope, I added a stamped flower to match.


Linked up:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Inspired Minds and With You I'm Home; Ranger watercolor paper and gold embossing powder, original Misti, VersaMark, powder tool, Winnie and Walter dies, Dylusions ink spray in pure sunshine and postbox red; heat tool.

Thanks for visiting.
Gaylynn

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!! I totally thought you created this with alcohol inks. It’s so vibrant. Those colors look spectacular with the gold. Thanks for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn