10/26/2020

Winter night sky Holiday twinkle card ~ MFT Stamps

 Hello.  Today, I am playing with My Favorite Things stamps and dies.  Also, I am participating in their sketch challenge using winter stamps and a watercolor night sky background.


Sentiment:  You are so bright, you twinkle.

For this starry winter night scene, I decided to make a watercolor background using Colorburst powders on watercolor paper.  Then, once dried, the background was die-cut using slimline die-namics and trimmed further to fit the card base.  Also, I stamped and heat embossed paint splatters onto the sky.  Next, I stamped and colored the bunny and trimmed the sentiments.  Stars were die-cut into the background and larger ones were added in. I think that the night sky turned out better than expected.  The sketch was the inspiration for this twinkle card.

Here is another look.





Supplies:  My Favorite Things Stamps Merry Wishes by Stacey Yacula, Starry Night Sentiments, Starry Night Sentiments Die-namics, Starry Night Horizontal Die-namicsPaint Splatter BackgroundMerry Wishes Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 4, Blueprints 15, Slimline Starter Die-namics, Rainbow Garden A2 Envelopes, Night Sky Colorburst Trios Ken Oliver in grape jelly, blueberry & field day, TCW Ken Oliver watercolor paper;  Copic markers B06, B29, B14, BG53, BG49, BG32, BG10, C5, C3, C1, V0000; Wow embossing pad, Simon Says Stamp intense black ink, EK powder tool, white embossing powder, mini mister, iCraft ultra bond adhesive, heat tool, Original Misti.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

Gaylynn 

4 comments:

  1. This blue is amazing and the bunny! Geesh I love it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I wish I could figure out how to splatter like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I used an MFT Paint Splatter Background stamp. https://mftstamps.com/products/paint-splatter-background?_pos=1&_sid=bf434eade&_ss=r

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn