6/09/2020

Thank you card ~ alcohol ink background

Hello.  Today, I am sharing a card made at a recent card class.  This involves an alcohol ink technique for the background layer.


Sentiment:  Thank you.  Thank you for simply being there.

For this card, I used paper for use with alcohol ink.  I first stamped and heat embossed a floral stamp, with white embossing powder.  It doesn't show up with these light alcohol ink colors, but it does have the texture and shine in person.  If I were to do this again, I would use back embossing powder for the flower.  I also added multiple drops of alcohol ink in different colors plus air blown from a straw.  The background was left to dry before trimming.  Once dry, I added the sentiment panels on top, to finish.

The look is never the same twice.  It was my first attempt with liquid alcohol inks.  Since this was a class project, I do not have the brand of ink that I used.  There are great ones on the market which produce similar effects.

This project does not include a video tutorial.
However, for my projects with video tutorials, please see my YouTube channel at
Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq
Or, to view my videos here on the blog, click
video.

Here is another look.



Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Being There, Blossoming Beauty and Abundant Blessings; white embossing powder, embossing ink pad, double-sided foam and flat clear tape, alcohol ink, vellum, StazOn ink, paper trimmer, cardstock.

Thanks for visiting.  Have a wonderful day.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn