8/14/2019

Watercolor blending, sympathy card topper and tutorial.

For Watercolor Wednesday, I am showing a way to blend two shades of watercolor onto a stamped flower.  Also, I share a cute card topper idea.




Sentiment:  With sympathy

To begin, I used watercolor paper for the flower and vellum for the sentiment.  All paper was trimmed to fit the card base.  Watercolor was added using markers, but any watercolor would work for this technique.  I first dabbed watercolor by color section and then blended that section out with a wet brush.  I repeated that for the second golden watercolor sections, blending into the first color.  To finish, I layered a card topper using die-cut patterned paper, vellum and a sentiment.

The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq


Here is another look.


Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Wild Florals and Abundant Blessings; Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers 063, 028, 081; foam tape, vellum, Neenah classic crest solar white 110lb cover, BasicGrey plumeria paper, My Creative Time lace border die, Altenew palette mat, Ranger watercolor paper, watercolor brush, heat tool and adhesive gems.

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Thanks so much.  Have a great day.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn