8/21/2019

Night time sky background holiday watercolor card.

For Watercolor Wednesday, I made a night time sky background holiday card scene.  For this process, I used watercolor powders with stamping.




Sentiment:  Holy night.

To begin, I created the watercolor background panel using Brusho watercolor powders.  My goal was to obtain a nighttime sky background using dark watercolor shades.  Then, I added stamping with heat embossing over the dried watercolor panel.  To finish, I added a stamped sentiment and adhesive pearls.
The process is messy, so use caution to protect the work area from color stains and follow the precautions for the color powders.  


The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq


Here is another look.


And a little closer.


Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Woodland Festivities; Neenah classic crest solar white 110lb cover, Canson XL watercolor paper 140lb cold press, Brusho crystal color powders, original misti, mini mister, VersaMark ink, white embossing powder, EK powder tool, heat tool and adhesive pearls.

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Thanks so much.  Have a great day.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn