4/03/2019

Soft floral stamping and watercolor card accents.

For Watercolor Wednesday, I am sharing a card using watercolor card accents along with soft floral stamping.


Sentiment:  Never stop making wishes.

This was made by stamping the florals and lace in two colors of ink.  Then a separate watercolor panel was created and trimmed for coordinating card accents.

The full article and tutorial are up on the Unity blog.
I also made a quick video tutorial showing the process for this project.

{{Please subscribe to my video channel and give this video a like.  Many thanks.}}
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq



Soft Floral Stamping + Watercolor Card Accents
By Gaylynn Martling for Unity’s Watercolor Wednesday
(See also the video tutorial for this project.)
Begin by stamping the main panel onto regular cardstock.  I used two colors for the flowers and for the lace trim.
I stamped twice using the Mini Misti with Ranger sap green archival ink and MFT grapesicle ink.
I used distress ink to make my own watercolor card accents.  I added 3 colors to 1 strip of watercolor paper.
Before adding splatters, I masked the stamping using the stamp backing paper and repositionable adhesive.
Distress ink pads used:  dusty concord, milled lavender and peeled paint.
Once dry, I cut 2 flags and punched 1 heart for card accents.  Everything was layered and embellished to finish.


Here is another look.

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. You Are My Person, Good Things With Wings and Straight LacedMini Misti, Ranger watercolor paper, archival ink in sap green and distress ink pads in dusty concord, milled lavender and peeled paint; MFT ink in grapesicle, My Creative Time dies, heat tool and adhesive gems.

Be sure to visit the Unity blog for the entire article and tutorial.
Also, you can find my other watercolor features at Unity's Watercolor Wednesday.

Thanks for visiting.
Gaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn