4/16/2017

Bible Journal Art with Prima Chalk Edgers

Today, I am sharing another post with my bible journal.
This one features stamping and watercolor with chalk inks.


Sentiment:  Have faith in yourself.

This is another experiment using art in my bible journal.
I have a few posts about my search for the best ways to make my pages pretty without destroying the words on the page and preventing the inks from bleeding though to the back side of the page.
You can find more of my posts like this one, by clicking on bible journal.

On this page, I used stamps with chalk ink for the images and also watercolor with chalk ink.
I think, for bible journal art, the chalk inks are my favorite so far, with both stamping and watercolor on the thin pages.
The best part, there is no bleed through.  You do see a slight shadow of the image on the back side, but nothing like other inks which bleed all the way through the page and sometimes pages.

As watercolor, these inks blend smoothly and leave a soft look.
I have successfully done both watercolor direct to page and also watercolor onto separate journal panels with these chalk inks.
So far, I have not used gel medium in the bible.  But, I would like to try that soon.

**Some tips would be to place a protective sheet of paper or parchment between pages whenever using ink or liquid and dry between layers.  Sometimes a light iron over a protective piece of paper on a dry page will smooth out wrinkles.**

Here is the back of the art page:


Here is a quick tip video tutorial showing the stamps and inks used together for stamping and watercolor.
YouTube:  Gaylynn NeatThingsBtq


Link Ups:

HLS April Watercolour Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Spring Colors

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. Cecelia Girl, Keep Going Anyway and You Are This; My Creative Bible, Canson watercolor paper, Prima chalk edgers ink and Lil' Inker Design dies.

Happy Easter and Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty way to decorate your Bible pages Gaylynn and thanks for your tips on helping to prevent bleed through.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will be able to join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn