10/21/2016

Merry & Bright Holiday Owl Cards and Tutorial

Today I have adorable owl Christmas cards and a little embossing tutorial.



Sentiment:  May your holidays be merry & bright.

This little owl is surrounded by Christmas gifts and decorations.  The image is on vellum.  The background is embossed.


I snapped a photo along the way while making this set of cards.

Embossing paste tutorial:

Tools:  Stencil, embossing paste, craft spatula, cardstock, plastic craft mat, masking tape, baby wipes, finished image panel.

On a plastic craft mat, tape the stencil over your cardstock panel using masking tape or non permanent tape.
Lift a small amount of paste with a craft spatula.
Spread onto the stencil around the edges of the cardstock panel. Emboss as much area as you prefer.  Lift off excess paste and returning it to the jar.
Carefully remove the tape and stencil from the cardstock.
Set aside the embossed panel to dry completely.
{Close the paste jar.  Clean the stencil and spatula right after every application.}
Once the panel is dry, use it as a background for your craft project.
{To save paste, I emboss only the areas that I want highlighted.}


While I had my supplies out, I made a set of these sweet holiday cards.

Link Ups:

HLS October Christmas Challenge ~ Embossing

613 Avenue Create Challenge #190 ~ Anything Goes / Optional use green and gold

Supplies:  Unity Owl I Want stamps, My Favorite Things dies and stencil, My Creative Time dies, Dreamweaver Stencils metallic gold embossing paste, eyelets, vellum, Copic markers, doily and foam tape.

I hope this inspires you today.

1 comment:

  1. Love your embossing past background and your adorable image. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn