2/15/2013

Bonjour

This is a new design created for the brand new Unity Stamp Company {be inspired} Challenge. This design is filled with lots of their fabulous stamped images.


The front includes "Bonjour" and the inside includes the sentiment "Good Day Sunshine"....


The challenge is to use a card inspired sketch, color inspired photo and/or layout inspired sketch (or a combination).  I chose to use the card sketch and incorporate the color inspiration as well.  


This is the first time entering into a challenge of this type, for me.  It sure was a lot of fun creating with these amazing stamps, sketch and colors.

For my card, I wanted a soft typed print background with the Paris Eiffel Tower as the focal point.  I added flourishes (from a Unity grab bag), Bonjour and a lace trim.  The inside sentiment was also from the same grab bag.  I wanted just a peek of red and turquoise to keep the vintage feel of this design.  A hint of yellow gold is in the typed print, pearls and inside panel.  There is added dimension to the tower panel.

Tools used include:

From Unity Stamp Co: 
Ooh La La
Giving it all Meaning
Straight Laced
Grab bag flourish and inside sentiment

Thanks for visiting. I would love for you to comment and follow my crafty blog while you're here.  Have a great day.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! WOW! SO PRETTY! Thanks so much for participating in the UNITY {be inspired} CHALLENGE - SO MUCH fun to see how our stamps are all used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty, love that little bit of lace. Thanks so much for sharing your Unity art in the Unity {be inspired} Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaylyn, this card makes me want to go to Paris!!! Love your take on the sketch and the colors you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and design!!! You really ROCKED that challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! a beautiful, vintage inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love how you used the lace stamp image!! Thanks so much for participating:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Gaylynn! Good luck with the challenge; it's a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gaylynn!Great take on the challenge even if it is your first one of this kind! I love the text in the background and the peep of that lace stamp! Thanks for coming by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. I might be biased.... I love anything Paris ;)
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my LO

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome, luv anything to do with Paris..sweeeet...hope you have a fabby day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn